This medication is used to treat mild to moderate acne. It works by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria on the skin and by helping to keep your pores open and unblocked, thus decreasing the number of acne pimples.
Temporary stinging, burning, itching, or tingling of the skin may occur, usually at the beginning of treatment. These effects usually lessen as your body adjusts to this medication. However, if minor irritation continues, your doctor may instruct you to only use this product once daily. If any of these effects persist or worsen, stop using this medication and tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed. Your condition will not improve any faster, and the risk of side effects may increase. Use this medication for the full course of treatment as directed by your doctor. It usually takes about 1 month to see an improvement, but the full effects of treatment may take longer.
Avoid contact in or near the eyes or inside the nose and mouth. If this medication gets into any of these areas, wash right away with plenty of water and call your doctor if irritation persists. Do not place a bandage or cover over the cream unless your doctor tells you to do so.
This medication may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Please consult your doctor when taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
Ask your dermatologist before using it.